Face Mud: Clay Potion
You don't need to be a witch or wizard to mix up this simple, clean, all-natural clay mask.
Made with clay and other botanicals and minerals, this dry formula has no need for preservatives or chemicals. Simply follow the recipes to mix up a fresh serving each time you want, and the rest will last much longer than premixed jars. Each 1 ounce tube holds 5 to 10 applications, depending on thickness used.
Like our candles and other products, proudly packaged plastic free in a recycled glass test tube with Portuguese cork. Please recycle or reuse containers.
- Pure Clay: Bentonite clay, formed from ancient volcanic ash and mined in Benton, Wyoming. This is a good, simple mask to start with if you have sensitive skin
- Black Heart: Bentonite, activated charcoal, and our Rosemary + Blood Orange essential oil blend. Sucks out impurities like a Dyson! (no copyright infringement)
- Plant Power: Bentonite, turmeric, and our Lavender + Citrus Bliss essential oil blend: Gurjun Balsam, Lavender, Lemon & Lemongrass
- pour 1 teaspoon of potion from test tube into small bowl, reused glass jar, or palm of hand
- add 1 teaspoon of liquid/oil (see below)
- mix and add more liquid to thin, per preference
- apply to skin, let dry
- remove with water after a few minutes of drying, or longer as skin will tolerate
Options for recipe:
Water: to test the ingredients and your skin, use water in first application. Other options for customization include:
- Witch hazel
- apple cider vinegar
- fresh citrus juice
- agave nectar
- plant-based yogurt
- pure aloe vera gel (fresh or bottled)
- freshly blended fruits or vegetables such as cucumber, avocado, or melon
- oils such as MCT (fractionated coconut), avocado oil, or olive oil
Always consult a doctor regarding allergies, contraindications, or skin conditions.