Candle Care + Reuse
With proper care, your candles will burn safer and last longer. Tips:
- Trim wick to 1/4 inch before lighting.
- Burn all the way across to create a full melt pool- about 1-2 hours first burn.
- Extinguish after 4 hours per burn. Longer will burn hotter and use more wax than advised.
- Always keep candles on a safe surface, away from pets, children, drafts, and vibration.
- Stop burning when 1/4 inch wax remains at the bottom.
After your candle is finished, you can reuse your jar. The recycled glass is hand washable, unpainted is dishwasher safe, or can be recycled. To ready jar for reuse:
- Remove metal wick tab and sticker.
- Reheat wax either in a double boiler or a warm (150 degree) oven. Use caution with hot wax! Also, avoid the microwave.
- Once wax is liquid, pour any excess into the trash. Avoid your drain unless you want to call a plumber.
- Wipe remaining wax with a recycled paper towel. Waxy towels can be used as a firestarter in a wood fire pit!
- Clean jar with warm, soapy water.